by: Iron Mike Stone
What would you like to do or accomplish? Run your own business? Make a million dollars? Get a job in a particular industry? Have a relationship or get married? How about build muscle or lose weight? Whatever it is that you want to do or accomplish can be done if you simply know what to do. In today’s sophisticated world we tend to over complicate things. We think the path to success is some sort of mystery only to be unlocked by the lucky few, or those willing to sacrifice all else in their life. Not so at all. You simply need to know what to do and do it. Is it really that easy? Well, yes and no. It is one of those “simple but not easy” things. Here are five ways to know what to do. I encourage you to pick one or two and go make your dreams come true.
1. WATCH – Carefully observe people that have done what you want to do and then do what they do. Copy what works. Do not be a trailblazer, follow the proven path.
2. ASK – Why guess when you can know? Ask those people that have done what you want to do how they did it. What exactly are they doing and then do it. From my experience 8 out of 10 people will share more than you can ever imagine. I find the more successful people are, the more they share. Helpful tip- flattery.
3. LEARN – Hire a consultant or trainer to show you how to do it. Take a class. Then, do what they teach you. Today there are numerous opportunities to learn. From formal schooling, online courses, and webinars to a massive consulting industry of experts that can teach you.
4. READ – Read a how to book. Then do what you read. There are close to 130 million books in the world. There are likely many books, that can show you exactly what you need to do to get what you want.
5. PAY – Hire someone to do it for you. There are some things you may want to accomplish that you can simply hire someone to do it for you. This is particularly true in business, where many key activities can be delegated to experts. It’s a little harder in other areas, like health and fitness. Hiring someone to work out for you might not be your best move.
When you know what to do to accomplish your dream, all you have to do is do it. If you’re not doing what you know will get you what you want, ask yourself why? Perhaps it’s not what you really want. Or perhaps you might have to go to work on yourself before you’re ready to work on your dreams.
MICHAEL J. STONE MBA, RFC, IRONMAN
Author ~ Keynote Speaker ~ Business Success Coach ~ Sales & Marketing Consultant ~ Mentor ~ High Performance Motivator ~ IronMan ~ Triathlete/Endurance Athlete ~ 26yr Financial Advisor ~ Entrepreneur/Business Owner x3 ~ Blogger ~ Real Estate Investor ~ Entrepreneur ~