Are negative people really to blame for what we have and haven’t accomplished in life?
Is it even fair to blame them? How much impact do they really have on our life? How do you get away from negative people? What if they are friends and family? When we look at our lives, it’s important to look at the people we have in them. It’s important for us to assess who is bringing value to our life and who is taking away. When we get clear on what we want out of life, we also need to get clear about WHO WE WANT IN IT! We can’t take everybody. We can love them in our hearts, of course. But some peoples’ negativity is too heavy to carry.
I found this video by the Great motivator Les Brown both useful and interesting. In this video Les Brown talks to an audience about how the values and negative beliefs of others can slowly but surely influence our own.
Some questions to ask yourself:
- What people and attitudes no longer fit in your life?
- How will you raise your standards for your life?
- Align yourself with positive and powerful people who can help you get to where you want to be.
- Surround yourself with winners.
- If you can’t find any winners; read about them, listen to their work, research them.
- You are never too young/old to take your life forward. You are never too young/old to take steps towards goals that excite you.
- Don’t let the naysayers impact what you see possible for you.
- Stop complaining and playing victim.
- Let the past go and grow.
- Your past does not represent what is possible for your future. It just represents your growth and development at that particular point in your life!